The perfect 30 minute Auto Immune Protocol (AIP) compliant detox soup. It’s made especially for people with Hashimoto’s Disease or Hypothyroidism in mind. However, every one can enjoy this detox soup and reap the benefits. Turmeric and ginger infuse this dish with potent anti inflammatory properties.
How much AIP Detox Soup Should I Have?
Eat this soup for all three meals for 1-3 days. Watch as the water retention, puffiness, bloating, brain fog, fatigue gently fade away. What I mean is you’ll basically pee away a lot of toxins. Add a half avocado if you want some extra healthy fat and a greater feel of satiety.
Added Bonus: You might see some pounds come off from the weigh scale too. This anti inflammatory soup is gluten free, dairy free, soy free, grain free…not flavor free. Drop the protein for a vegetarian spin.
AIP Detox Soup
- 2 tbspns good quality extra virgin oil and some extra for drizzling when ready to serve
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 big knob of organic ginger finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped with leaves too
- 1 medium white/yellow onion chopped
- 1 leek roughly chopped
- 3 carrots roughly chopped into cubes
- 2 tspns pink himalayan salt pls don't used iodized table salt
- 1 tsp organic turmeric
- 1/2 bunch kale well chopped
- 150 grams or 1/3 pound lean protein like low mercury white fish chicken or turkey
- 1/2 avocado to have as a side with soup optional
- fresh/dried herbs to taste - oregano/basil/thyme work well. use when ready to serve.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in heavy based pot
- Add chopped garlic, ginger, leek, carrot, celery and celery leaves and onion to the pot
- Stir for 2-3 minutes
- Add 1 teaspoon of organic turmeric and stir for another minute
- Add 1 liter of water to the pot and bring to a boil
- Add chopped kale and salt
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer with lid on for 15 minutes
- Add protein. Continue to simmer until protein is cooked. White fish just needs 2-3 minutes. Chicken or other poultry will take a few minutes
- Remove from heat. Serve in a soup bowl
- Put fresh/dried herbs and a drizzle of good quality extra virgin olive oil
- Add half avocado if desired. Enjoy!